Address: 15 South Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711-0075
Direct Dial: (570) 826-5654
Direct Fax: (570) 706-3441
Assistant's Name: Betsy Lepore
Assistant's E-Mail: Email
Jack is a Partner in the litigation department where he concentrates his practice on Commercial Law, Construction Law, Education Law, Municipal & Governmental Law, Real Estate Litigation, Workers’ Compensation, and Social Security Disability. In recent years, Jack’s practice has begun to focus heavily in real estate litigation and construction litigation. In real estate actions, Jack has handled many types of actions including eminent domain, title and deed issues, landlord-tenant disputes, tax sales, partition, boundary disputes, easement issues, and adverse possession claims. In construction litigation, Jack represents owners, general contractors, and subcontractors on a large variety of construction projects for private and public bodies. Previously, Mr. Zelinka served on active duty in the United States Navy JAG Corps. After leaving active duty, he has continued to serve as a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps Reserves and is presently assigned as an appelate defense counsel. He is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he was a member of the Law School’s prominent Law Review.
- Represented client in a very complex construction case resulting in an award of $401,610.
- University of Scranton (B.A., 1995)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000) – Member of the Order of the Coif (Invitation extended only to top 10%)
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- United States Navy JAG Corps (Active Duty, 2000-2003; Reserves, 2004-present)
- Military Officers’ Association of America – Member
- Solicitor, Hanover Township Planning Commission (2009 - present)