Address: 15 South Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711-0075
Direct Dial: (570) 826-5654
Direct Fax: (570) 831-7215
Assistant's Name: Betsy Lepore
Assistant's E-Mail: E-mail
Mr. Batyko is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. His state and federal court practice focuses on the representation of individuals and businesses in commercial transactions and disputes, including construction contracts, financial transactions, secured transactions and complex commercial litigation, as well as plaintiffs’ personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, products and premises liability, slip and fall claims, and motor vehicle accidents.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Batyko served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Gregory A. Olson, Indiana County, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas. A member of the American and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, he is also a member of the Allegheny, Lackawanna and Luzerne County Bar Associations. Mr. Batyko is also a member of the Federal Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Scranton, Mr. Batyko received his law degree from Duquesne University, where he graduated magna cum laude and served as the Associate Comment Editor of the Duquesne Law Review.
- Served as co-counsel in complex construction cases involving breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and third party beneficiary claims, as well as the Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act and the Pennsylvania Procurement Code.
- Served as co-counsel in seeking a temporary restraining order and a preliminary injunction in a matter involving breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference with contractual and/or business relations, and employee misappropriation and conversion of certain company property.
- Served as co-counsel in complex commercial disputes and litigation involving franchise law and non-competition issues, as well as violations of the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law and the Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code.
- Served as counsel and successfully negotiated a settlement in a commercial dispute involving employee misappropriation and conversion of company funds from a restricted financial account.
- Served as co-counsel in a medical malpractice case resulting in a settlement for the victim in excess of $350,000.
- Duquesne University, Donahue Graduate School of Business - Currently pursuing M.B.A.
- Duquesne University School of Law – (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009); Duquesne Law Review, Associate Comment Editor; Juris Legal News Magazine, Associate Editor; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research & Writing; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Professional Responsibility.
- University of Scranton – (B.S., Political Science and History, magna cum laude, National Dean’s List, Collegiate All American Scholar, Special Jesuit Liberal Arts Program, 2005)
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Alpha Lambda Delta, National Honor Society for Freshmen (University of Scranton chapter)
- American Bar Association
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association)
- Phi Alpha Delta, International Law Fraternity
- Phi Alpha Theta, National Honor Society in History (University of Scranton chapter)
- Pi Gamma Mu, International Honor Society in Social Sciences (University of Scranton chapter)
- Pi Sigma Alpha, National Honor Society in Political Science (University of Scranton chapter)
- POWER! (Professionals Organized and Working to Enrich the Region) (Scranton and Wilkes-Barre chapters)
- The Greek Catholic Union - Fraternal Member
- The Scranton Club of Greater Pittsburgh
- The Scranton Club of Luzerne County
- The University of Scranton Alumni Club of Northeastern Pennsylvania
- The University of Scranton Alumni Community